Acne Channel
Topics & Medications
Quicklinks
Related Channels

Veltin Overdose

The effects of an overdose with Veltin (clindamycin/tretinoin gel) will vary, based on how much was used and whether the medication was applied to the skin or taken by mouth. Some of the likely symptoms include significant discomfort and peeling of the skin. Besides stopping the medication temporarily, treatment will also involve treating symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose.

Can You Use Too Much Veltin?

Veltin™ (clindamycin/tretinoin gel) is a prescription medication approved to treat acne. As with most medications, it is probably possible to take too much Veltin. The specific effects of an overdose could be dangerous, but would vary, depending on a number of factors, including the Veltin dosage and how it was taken (applied to the skin or taken by mouth).
 

Effects of an Overdose

Applying too much Veltin, or applying it too often, may result in overdose symptoms such as significant redness, peeling, and discomfort, without improving the effectiveness of the medication. If Veltin is accidentally taken by mouth, which might happen with a young child or a pet, signs and symptoms similar to an overdose of vitamin A may occur, since Veltin is related to vitamin A (see Vitamin A Overdose for more information).
 

Treatment for a Veltin Overdose

Treatment for an overdose with Veltin, if necessary, will involve supportive care, which consists of treating the symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose. Of course, treatment will also involve stopping Veltin usage, at least temporarily.
 
It is important that you seek prompt medical attention if you believe that you or someone else may have overdosed on Veltin.
 

Veltin Acne Medication Information

Referring Pages:
Terms of Use
Advertise with Us
Contact Us
About eMedTV
Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2006-2017 Clinaero, Inc.
eMedTV serves only as an informational resource. This site does not dispense medical advice or advice of any kind. Site users seeking medical advice about their specific situation should consult with their own physician. Click Terms of Use for more information.