Some of the possible symptoms of an overdose with Differin (adapalene) include significant skin peeling, redness, and discomfort. If you happen to take too much of this medication, seek immediate medical attention. Treatment will consist of supportive care, which involves treating symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose.
Can You Use Too Much Differin?
Differin® (adapalene) is a prescription medication approved to treat acne. As with most medications, it is probably possible to take too much Differin. The specific effects of an overdose could potentially be dangerous but would vary, depending on a number of factors, including the Differin dosage and how it was taken (applied to the skin or taken by mouth).
What Are the Effects of an Overdose?
Applying too much Differin (or applying it too often) may result in overdose symptoms such as significant redness, peeling, and discomfort, without improving the effectiveness of the medication. Because Differin is related to vitamin A, an overdose of Differin by mouth (as might happen with a young child or a pet) may lead to signs and symptoms similar to an overdose of vitamin A.
eMedTV serves only as an informational resource. This site does not dispense medical advice or advice of any kind.
Site users seeking medical advice about their specific situation should consult with their own physician. Click