Acne Home > Azelex Dosage
Azelex is usually applied on the affected areas of the skin twice daily. When applying your dosage of Azelex, make sure to keep the medicine away from your eyes and lips, and wash your hands afterwards. If you do not notice an improvement within a month, contact your healthcare provider about whether to continue using this medication.
An Introduction to Dosing With Azelex
There is only one standard way to use Azelex® (azelaic acid cream). As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
Azelex Dosage for AcneThe standard instructions for using Azelex are to apply the cream to the skin twice daily. Before using the medication, wash the area with a gentle cleanser. Then, massage Azelex gently on the skin. If you do not see any improvement within a month, talk with your healthcare provider about whether you should continue using this medication.
General Information on Using AzelexSome considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Azelex include the following:
- Apply Azelex before applying any cosmetics.
- This medication will not bleach fabrics.
- Make sure to avoid the area around the eyes and lips.
- Wash your hands after applying the cream.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage of Azelex, please talk with your healthcare provider or pharmacist.