Acne Home > Ensuring Your Safety With Accutane
Drug InteractionsAccutane can potentially interact with a number of other medications (see Accutane Interactions).
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider Before Taking Accutane?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- Depression or any other mental illness
- High triglycerides
- Liver disease, such as liver failure, hepatitis, or cirrhosis
- Weak bones due to osteoporosis or other conditions
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Accutane and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Accutane and Breastfeeding).
What If I Take an Overdose?People who take too much Accutane may experience effects such as (but not limited to):
- Facial flushing
- Inflammation or cracking of the corners of the mouth
- Abdominal pain (stomach pain)
- Coordination problems.