Acne Channel
Topics & Medications
Quicklinks
Related Channels

Differin Overdose

Some of the possible symptoms of an overdose with Differin (adapalene) include significant skin peeling, redness, and discomfort. If you happen to take too much of this medication, seek immediate medical attention. Treatment will consist of supportive care, which involves treating symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose.

Can You Use Too Much Differin?

Differin® (adapalene) is a prescription medication approved to treat acne. As with most medications, it is probably possible to take too much Differin. The specific effects of an overdose could potentially be dangerous but would vary, depending on a number of factors, including the Differin dosage and how it was taken (applied to the skin or taken by mouth).
 

What Are the Effects of an Overdose?

Applying too much Differin (or applying it too often) may result in overdose symptoms such as significant redness, peeling, and discomfort, without improving the effectiveness of the medication. Because Differin is related to vitamin A, an overdose of Differin by mouth (as might happen with a young child or a pet) may lead to signs and symptoms similar to an overdose of vitamin A.
 
(Click Vitamin A Overdose for more information.)
 

Treatment for a Differin Overdose

Treatment for a Differin overdose, if necessary, will involve supportive care, which consists of treating the symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose.
 
It is important that you seek prompt medical attention if you believe that you may have overdosed on this medication.
 

Differin Medication Information

Referring Pages:
Terms of Use
Advertise with Us
Contact Us
About eMedTV
Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2006-2017 Clinaero, Inc.
eMedTV serves only as an informational resource. This site does not dispense medical advice or advice of any kind. Site users seeking medical advice about their specific situation should consult with their own physician. Click Terms of Use for more information.