Topical, vaginal, and injectable forms of clindamycin come as clindamycin phosphate products. There are several forms of clindamycin phosphate available, including skin products (such as foams, gels, lotion, and solutions), vaginal products (such as vaginal suppositories and creams), and an injectable solution. Clindamycin phosphate is type of antibiotic prescribed to treat a variety of different infections.
What Is Clindamycin Phosphate?Clindamycin phosphate is a prescription antibiotic that comes in several different forms and is approved to treat a variety of different infections (see What Is Clindamycin Used For? for more information).
- Clindamycin phosphate injection solution -- 150 mg per mL (Cleocin Phosphate®)
- Clindamycin phosphate IV solution -- 300 mg per 50 mL, 600 mg per 50 mL, and 900 mg per 50 mL (Cleocin Phosphate).
The skin products (used for acne treatment) include:
- Clindamycin phosphate 1 percent foam (Evoclin®)
- Clindamycin phosphate 1 percent solution (Cleocin T®, Clindets®)
- Clindamycin phosphate 1 percent lotion (Cleocin T, ClindaMax®)
- Clindamycin phosphate 1 percent gel (Cleocin T, ClindaMax, Clindagel®).
The vaginal products include:
- Clindamycin phosphate 2 percent vaginal cream (Clindesse®, Cleocin)
- Clindamycin phosphate 100 mg vaginal suppositories (Cleocin Vaginal Ovule).