Treatment Info for Amnesteem
When and How to Take ItSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Amnesteem include the following:
- Amnesteem comes in capsule form. It is usually taken by mouth twice a day with food.
- It is important to take the medication with food, as taking it on an empty stomach significantly decreases its absorption.
- For many people, a single 15- to 20-week course of the medication will be sufficient. However, if acne is still a problem eight weeks after stopping Amnesteem, a second course may be recommended.
- There are strict rules for taking this drug. Women of childbearing potential must use two effective forms of birth control and must have frequent pregnancy tests to prevent the use of this medication during pregnancy.
- For Amnesteem to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
Dosing Information for AmnesteemThe dose of Amnesteem your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your weight
- The severity of your acne
- How you respond to the drug.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Amnesteem Dosage for more information.)
Drug InteractionsAmnesteem may react with a number of other medications (see Drug Interactions With Amnesteem).
- Facial flushing
- Inflammation or cracking of the corners of the mouth
- Abdominal (stomach) pain
- Coordination problems.
If you happen to take an overdose, seek immediate medical attention.
(Click Accutane Overdose for more information.)