When and How to Take ItSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Absorica include the following:
- Absorica comes in capsule form. It is usually taken by mouth twice a day. Unlike other isotretinoin formulations, which must be taken with food, Absorica can be taken either with or without food.
- Take this medication with a full glass of liquid, as this can help minimize any throat irritation.
- For many people, a single 15- to 20-week course of the medication will be sufficient. However, if acne is still a problem eight weeks after stopping Absorica, a second course may be recommended.
- There are strict rules for taking this drug. Women of childbearing potential must use two effective forms of birth control and must have frequent pregnancy tests in order to prevent the use of this medication during pregnancy.
- For Absorica to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
Dosing Information for AbsoricaThe dose of Absorica your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your weight
- The severity of your acne
- How you respond to the drug.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Absorica Dosage for more information.)