General Information on Taking AbsoricaSome considerations to keep in mind while taking Absorica include the following:
- Absorica comes in capsule form. It is usually taken by mouth twice a day. Unlike other isotretinoin formulations, which must be taken with food, Absorica can be taken either with or without food.
- Take this medication with a full glass of liquid, as this can help minimize any throat irritation.
- For many people, a single 15- to 20-week course of the medication will be sufficient. However, if acne is still a problem eight weeks after stopping Absorica, a second course may be recommended.
- There are strict rules for taking this drug. Women of childbearing potential must use two effective forms of birth control and must have frequent pregnancy tests in order to prevent the use of this medication during pregnancy.
- For Absorica to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to dosing with Absorica, please talk to your healthcare provider or pharmacist.